• Our objective is to adhere to an adopted uniform policy that is conducive to providing an optimal learning environment with limited distractions and with consideration for safety and school identity.
• The final decision regarding appropriate dress and grooming is left to the discretion of the school administration and teachers.
• Clothing, hair and/or accessories should never be distracting in the classroom.
• On certain days “dress uniform” is required. (i.e. School Mass, Grandparents’ Day, etc.) Students must wear long pants (boys and girls) or uniform skirts / jumpers / skorts / capris (girls), school sweatshirt (no tears or holes) or jacket. Shorts will not be worn on those days.
The Uniform Store • 8160 La Mesa Blvd. • 619-466-5437 myschoolsuniform.com/smta
*May only be purchased through The Uniform Store (no online vendors)
|*Jumper – plaid (choice for Mass)||Girls K-3|
|*Skort – wrap front, double button, plaid (choice for Mass)||Girls K-3|
|Blouse (Peter Pan) – short or long sleeve -white only (no logo required)||Girls K-3|
|*Skirt – multi pleat plaid (choice for Mass)||Girls 4-8|
|* Skort – Double tab, apron, plaid (choice for Mass)||Girls 4-8|
|*Pants – mid rise or standard – navy||Girls K-8|
|*Capri- mid rise or standard – navy||Girls K-8|
|*Shorts – mid rise or standard – navy||Girls K-8|
|*Pants – twill flat front -navy||Boys K-8|
|* Shorts – twill flat front – navy||Boys K-8|
|Polo shirts: white or dark green knit (long or short sleeve) *(logo required)||Both K-8|
|Sweatshirt- green (required – purchased in school office)||Both K-8|
|Socks – white, navy, black, dark green
(must be clearly visible above the ankle bone and shoe)
|Shoes – white, brown, black, or dark/medium blue solid color shoe (may have logo; laces must be predominant color of shoe: white, brown, or black; laces must be tied correctly and securely)||Both K-8|
|Under-dresses (bike shorts for under jumper/ skirt -navy, dark green, black)
|Belts-black with no large buckles||Boys 5-8|
* Fleece jacket – dark green (logo required)
• Windbreaker – dark green (logo required)
May be worn:
|Consequences for Non-Compliance:
1. Non-uniform jackets or sweatshirts, worn during the school day, will be held in the office.
2. When students are in violation of the dress code, a note of “uniform non-compliance” will be sent to parents by the classroom teacher. (must be signed and returned)
3. In the event a student is in non-compliance with any of the above guidelines, parents will be called to correct the violation and/or the student will not be allowed to return to the classroom until the violation is corrected.
Non-Uniform Dress Code
“FREE DRESS” DAYS
(birthdays, designated “free dress” days, school events )
“Free dress” will be allowed on certain, designated days. Clothing must be clean, modest, and appropriate for school wear. Please review guidelines below. These guidelines apply also to attire for after school classes, sports, and other school events.
The following may not be worn:
We ask the cooperation of parents in ensuring compliance with these guidelines before a student arrives at school on a “free dress” day or for a school event.
Consequences for Non-Compliance: