• Storytime: Hooray for You!
• Science: fun with magnifiers
• Math: hunting for numbers
• Music: “Hokey Pokey”
• Art: walking with Jesus art
• Sharing: children’s choice
Religion Lesson: The Lord is good to all
MY FAMILY TREE – Week One (May 7th-11th)
• Storytime: My Grandma is Great • Science: making “quiet” spray
• Math: snack math • Music: “Take Me Out to the Ball Game”
• Art: Grandparents day art • Sharing: children’s choice (no weapons please!)
BUGS GALORE – Week Two & Three (May 15th-25th)
• Storytime: Bugs and Slugs • Science: the life cycle of a butterfly
• Math: bug sequencing • Music: the freeze dance
• Art: butterflies • Sharing: a bug (picture, stuffed or real!)
DISCOVERING SUMMER – Week Four (May 29th-June 1st)
• Storytime: Hooray for You! • Science: shadow fun
• Math: sunray counting • Music: “Mr. Sun, Sun, Mister Golden Sun”
• Art: watermelon art • Sharing: a fun summer game or book
Monthly Religious Theme: Do to others as you would have them do to you
Did You Know?
Do you know how important life skills are? Life skills help children know what to do in everyday situations as well as how to make good decisions about more abstract, long term choices. Life skills run the gamut from the concrete skill of deciding what to wear to the more abstract decision about choosing friends. The key life skill is good decision-making. We work on this every day at preschool! I encourage you to help your child learn life skills at home by practicing the basics. For example, offer your child simple either/or choices to practice their decision-making skills. Good life skills will help your child through adolescence and also help them to steer clear of irresponsible decisions throughout their life.
Support St. Martin of Tours Academy by ordering through AMAZON SMILE.
Select Organization: "Pastor of St Martin of Tours Catholic Parish in La Mesa and Amazon Smile will donate a percentage of your purchase total to St. Martin of Tours Academy.