Home | Preschool | 3 & 4 Year Old Class Curriculum August & September ’18
3 & 4 Year Old Class Curriculum August & September ’18
FRIENDS BIG & SMALL, GOD LOVES THEM ALL – Week One (Aug. 20th-24th)
• Storytime: Only One You • Science: exploring magnets
• Math: categorizing our toys • Music: “Hello My Fiends”
• Art: friendship tree
COLORS & SHAPES – Week Two (Aug. 27th-31st)
• Storytime: What Makes a Rainbow? • Science: color mixing
• Math: cereal color match • Music: “Days of the Week”
• Art: tissue color circles
LETS BE A PEACEMAKER – Week Three (Sept. 4th-7th)
• Storytime: It’s Okay to Make Mistakes • Science: shaving cream designs
• Math: calendar count • Music: “I’m a Little Bumblebee”
• Art: peace prints
SAND, SEA & SHELLS – Week Four & Five (Sept. 10th-21st)
• Storytime: Where’s Max? • Science: ocean in a bottle
• Math: 1 fish, 2 fish • Music: “Old McDonald Had an Ocean”
• Art: octopus
INTRODUCTION TO ABC’S – Week Six (Sept. 24th-28th)
• Storytime: LMNO Peas • Science: coloring rice
• Math: alphabet puzzles • Music: “ABC’s”
• Art: A is for apple
Monthly Religious Theme: God is all around us
Story: God Gives Me Everything
Did You Know?
Statistics show that children who attend preschool enter kindergarten with better pre-reading skills, richer vocabularies, and stronger basic math skills. In addition to these academic skills your child is also strengthening their socialization skills by learning how to compromise, be respectful of others and problem solving. Preschool provides a safe environment in which your child can gain a sense of self, explore, play with peers and build self confidence. You have made an excellent choice to send your child to our preschool!
Support St. Martin of Tours Academy by ordering through AMAZON SMILE.
Select Organization: "Pastor of St Martin of Tours Catholic Parish in La Mesa and Amazon Smile will donate a percentage of your purchase total to St. Martin of Tours Academy.