What makes St. Martin Academy Catholic?
What Makes St. Martin of Tours Academy Catholic?
St. Martin of Tours Academy is committed to transmitting the Catholic Faith and values. Every teacher is a role-model for children. The Catholic faith and tradition permeates all instruction. Pilon® Workshop Way® philosophy enhances the Catholicity of the school. The whole school environment promotes a child’s spiritual growth.
- Diocesan religion certification for teachers, in addition to a Workshop Way religion class
- Religion instruction on a daily basis (30-40 minutes)
- Instruction including the learning of Catholic traditions, prayers, etc…
- Review religion curriculum and materials as part of the evaluation process
- Religious values integrated into every subject area
- Daily classroom prayer
- Classroom prayer services
- Monthly school Masses
- Emphasis on family participation in Sunday parish liturgies (use of “gospel weeklies” for student preparation)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation (Advent and Lent)
- Retreats for seventh and eighth graders
- All aspects of the philosophy of Workshop Way reinforce and teach Catholic values (i.e., dignity, respect, justice, etc…)
- Community outreach (monthly visits to convalescent homes, food collections for parish food assistance, Holy Childhood Mission collections, etc…)
- Strong emphasis on social justice in all instruction and school activities
- Parish involvement promoted through newsletters, calendars, and all communication with parents and children
Preparation for Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist